Thursday, September 1, 2016

Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (Grand Opening)

    Hello all!!!

     This is my grand opening post/video for The Cooking Corner!  We are officially open now!  I want to thank everyone for stopping by earlier and checking out some of our videos we made in advance and if you are new thank you for stopping by now!  The Honey Garlic chicken wing is one a fan favorite and is usually asked for when guest come by to visit.  With the start of (American) Football coming up soon I thought this would be a great starter video!

     I always thought you had to go out to get great wings.  I honestly was a little nervous about making them.  I didn't think I had the right ingredients or supplies to make them however after several attempts I think I now have this down right!  Making wings is really just a matter of putting them together and not being worried, cooking really is trial and error.  You have to try and mess up, then learn and do it again!  I learn something new every time I cook, even if it is something I cook a lot!  So below is all the information you will need plus a video at the bottom.  I encourage you to check out my site and subscribe for future content!

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes

Ingredients: The ingredients below will make about 13 wings. Adjust for your own numbers
13 Chicken Wings
2 Cups Flour
1 Table Spoon Paprika 
1 Table Spoon Garlic Powder
1 Table Spoon Onion Powder 
1/2 Table Spoon Chili Powder
Salt
Pepper
1 Cup Honey (Buy from a farm marker not that tampered stuff at the store)
1 Table Spoon Minced Garlic
Grated Parmesan cheese


Directions:
Make sure the wings are fully thawed.
Rinse in cold water and then lay out and pat try with a paper towel.
Season the wings with salt and pepper 
In a large salable bag add your flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. 
Seal the bag and shake!  You don't have to bread the wings if you don't want to.\
Place the wings in the bag a few at a time and seal the bag then shake.
Coat the wings you want to have breaded then take out and place on a plate and set aside.
In a small bowl add honey and stir in the Minced Garlic
Place the glaze in the fridge to keep it from thinning out.
Heat up your oil to 350 degrees. ***Try to use an outdoor fryer.  They works better and keep your place from smelling.  It is safer as well.  If you have an indoor fryer be safe and try to cook in a basement if you can.  Monitor both ways very closely!
Take your wings and slowly place them in the fryer when it is headed up.  Maintain the heat at 350 degrees.  Cook the non breaded wings first, then cook your breaded wings.
Let cook for about 6-8 minutes and checking them so often. Stir them around and see how they look. Once they start to float and looked golden brown either take them out or leave them for about 30 sec-1 min more seconds for extra crispy!  Chicken is cooked at 165 degrees internally. 
Remove the wings and then place in a bowl.
Pour the glaze over top slowly and stir around.  You just want a light coat.
Place on a plate and drizzle any left over glaze over top.
If you want, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the wings.

Serve and Enjoy with some celery and dipping sauce!


The 3 wings closer to you in the picture are not breaded, the ones behind are breaded.

     I hope everyone enjoyed this post/video,  For more please either see my site and subscribe or you can follow me via email on my blog!  Look at the left of the site.  I do hope everyone enjoyed this video and gives this a try.  Cooking things like amazing chicken wings shouldn't be intimated or scary.  I learned so much and again some of my biggest tips are.
1) Make sure the chicken wings are fully thawed
2) Fry the wings outside or someplace where the vapor won't fill your home.
3) Glaze the wings lightly don't feel you have to cover every inch.
4) Try cooking them and just learn as you go!




Don't forget!
Cooking should be FUN, so have FUN doing it!

~The Cooking Corner
Blog Team


No comments:

Post a Comment