Thursday, August 18, 2016

Parmesan Crusted Alaskan Cod (Breaking Ground Video)

This is my Breaking Ground video!  We are still set to open Fall 2016, 2 weeks to go!
     
     This is my first installment of my 30 Minute Meals Section!  I wanted to start a section that is great for people on the go, it might be a long day at work, sports, the gym, a second job, kids, whatever!  I know your busy!  So like many others I wanted to show you some great quick but very delicious meals you can prepare and not be up all night cooking or cleaning!

     I can't wait to expand this section and I have many different meals.  I think easy, fun and tasteful meals are so important during that really busy time of the week.  I love taking my time and making a long meal on the weekend or when I have the time, however during the week when things are busy I need a quick meal.
   
     This meal came out great, the fish had a lot of flavor, was very tender and I felt full but not stuffed or sick after.  Fish is such a healthy meal to cook.  Then on top of that serve it over fresh vegetables or a green salad for an even healthier option.  The below recipe makes about two meals but you can just add more fish, the mayonnaise mix will have enough for a few to coat if you need it.  You can also double the recipe if you need more.

Prep Time:  7 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-8 Minutes
Total Time: 12-15 Minutes

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise 
1 tsp Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika 
1 4-6 ounce  skinless Pacific Cod, Fresh or Frozen
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Shreaded Parmesan Cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Spring Greens
Italian Parmesan dressing (or a dressing you prefer)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to Broil
Rinse both sides of the Cod with cold water and pat dry.
Season both sides with salt and pepper.
In a bowl mix mayonnaise, garlic, onion powder, chili powder, and paprika.
Brush one side of the Cod with mayonnaise mix 
In a deep dish mix the Panko bread crumbs and shredded Parmesan cheese together. 
Place that side that is brushed with the bonding agent down and press lightly on the fish. 
Brush the other side with your bonding mix.
Flip the Cod over and bread the other side. 
Put some olive oil or cooking spray on a cooking tray.  (I didn't do on the video and forgot!)
Place the Cod on a sheet and place in the oven.
Cook until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes, watch it carefully!
Mix up the green spring mix with some Italian Parmesan dressings and Plate.
Take the cod out and gently place on the spring mix.
You can garnish with a lemon wedge if you wish.
-Serve immediately fish cools fast!



     I always say my dishes are just blueprints so expand on them and do what you wish!  This makes a great quick and easy dinner!  I really hope you enjoyed this post the video is below please check it out and hit the SUBSCRIBE button below to get updates on new videos!  If you're family loves fish or is just starting to get into eating fish this meal is perfect!  Please feel free to add any other seasonings or spices to your bonding agent as well.  


    

Remember
Cooking Should be FUN, so have FUN doing it!


~The Cooking Corner
Blog Team

No comments:

Post a Comment